High heat returning to area
Here we go again, but not for as long
Last updated 8/7/2022 at 10:27pm
The National Weather system is warning of dangerous heat coming again.
Excessive Heat Warning
...EXCESSIVE HEAT WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM NOON MONDAY TO 11
PM PDT TUESDAY...
* WHAT...Dangerously hot conditions with high temperatures in the 100 to 106F range. Overnight lows will be in the mid 60s to lower 70s.
* WHERE...Grand Coulee, Coulee City, Odessa, Creston, Ralston,
Electric City, Lamona, Stratford, Harrington, Coulee Dam, Ritzville, and Wilbur.
* WHEN...From Noon Monday to 11 PM PDT Tuesday.
* IMPACTS...Excessive heat will significantly increase the potential or heat related illnesses, particularly for those working or participating in outdoor activities. Residents without air conditioners will experience a build up of heat within their homes.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...The hottest temperatures are expected to occur on Tuesday for most locations. This event will be shorter than the last heat wave and temperatures generally won`t be quite as hot.
Instructions: Drink plenty of fluids, stay in an air-conditioned room, stay out of the sun, and check up on relatives and neighbors. To reduce risk during outdoor work, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration recommends scheduling frequent rest breaks in shaded or air conditioned environments. Anyone overcome by heat should be moved to a cool and shaded location. Heat stroke is an emergency! Call 9 1 1. Stay cool, stay hydrated, stay informed.
Target Area: Upper Columbia Basin