Legal Notices May 15, 2019
Last updated 5/15/2019 at 2:45pm
Town of Nespelem
Notice of Public Hearings
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing will be held by the Town of Nespelem and CCT Planning Department at the Town of Nespelem – Town Hall, on May 29, 2019 @ 5:00 PM.
The purpose of the public hearing is to review community development and housing needs, inform citizens of the availability of funds and eligible uses of the state Community Development Block Grant (CDBG), and receive comments on proposed activities, particularly from lower income persons.
Up to $12,000 may be available to the Town of Nespelem on a statewide competitive basis to fund public facility, community facility, economic development, planning and affordable housing projects that principally benefit low – and moderate-income persons. An outline of the proposed Nespelem Asset Management Plan project will be available for review at the Town of Nespelem – Town Hall, on May 29, 2019 @ 5:00 PM.
Comments may be also be submitted in writing to Town of Nespelem no later than June 4, 2019.
The Town Hall is handicap accessible. Arrangements to reasonably accommodate special needs, including handicap accessibility or interpreter, will be made upon receiving 24-hour advance notice. Contact Trisha Davis-Stacy at 509-634-4691
or via email email@example.com)
PUBLIC AUCTION/LANDLORD LIEN FORECLOSURE
ELECTRIC CITY, WASHINGTON
A Public Auction/Landlord Lien Foreclosure Sale will be held at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 16, 2019 for a 1971 12x60 Sunny Book Mobile Home at Coulee View Mobile Home Park, 216 Jackson Save., Space #5. Starting bid $1,000. 509-631-2033.
(Publish May 8 and 15, 2019)
IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE
STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
THE COUNTY OF SPOKANE
In Re the Interest of:
LUKE MICHAEL CANO AKA
A Person under the age of 18.
SUMMONS AND NOTICE BY PUBLICATION OF PETITION/HEARING RE: TERMINATION OF CHILD/TERMINATION OF PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP
The State of Washington to the said: Chris Andrew Espersen, alleged birthfather of Luke Michael Cano aka Infant Strasburg, (DOB: 04/24/2019) or anyone with a paternal interest:
1. You have been named as the alleged father or possible father of the above-named child. A Petition for Termination of Parent-Child Relationship has been filed in the above-entitled court by Petitioners, Michael John Cano and Kimberly Ayres Cano. The Petitioners are asking the court for an order permanently terminating the parent-child relationship between you and the child, permanently terminating all of your rights to the child, and for a decree of adoption declaring the prospective adoptive parents to be the legal parent of the child.
2. The child is Luke Michael Cano aka Infant Strasburg, born on April 24, 2019 in Spokane, Washington to Eva Marie Strasburg.
3. The court hearing on this matter shall be held on June 4, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. in the Spokane County Superior Court; Room 304, 1116 W. Broadway, Spokane, Washington. Your failure to appear at this hearing may result in a Default Order permanently terminating all of your rights to the above-named child.
4. In order to defend against this petition, you must respond to the petition by stating your defense in writing and by serving a copy on the person signing this summons and by filing the original with the clerk of the court. If you do not serve your written response within (1) twenty (20) days if you are served personally within the State of Washington, (2) thirty (30) days if you are served personally outside the State of Washington, or (3) thirty (30) days if you are served by publication, from the date of service of this summons and notice, an order permanently terminating your parent-child relationship with the child will be entered by default. A default order is one where the petitioners are entitled to what they ask for because you have not responded. If you serve a notice of appearance on Mark R. Iverson at the address below, you are entitled to notice before a default order may be entered.
5. One method of serving your response is to send it by certified mail with return receipt requested, if service is made by mail. The service shall be deemed complete upon the third day following the day upon which the response is placed in the mail, unless the third day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, in which event service shall be deemed complete on the first day other than a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, following the third day.
6. You are further notified that any non-consenting parent or alleged father has the right to be represented by an attorney, and an attorney will be appointed for an indigent person who requests an attorney.
7. You are further notified that you have a right to file a claim of paternity under Chapter 26.26 RCW. You are further notified that your failure to file a claim of paternity within 30 days of the date of service of this notice and Summons upon you or your failure to respond to the Petition within 30 days of the date of service of Summons & Notice upon you, is grounds to terminate your parent/child relationship with respect to the child.
8. If the child is an Indian child as defined by the Indian Child Welfare Act, 25 U.S.C. § 1901, et. seq. or RCW 13.38 et. seq., your parental rights may not be terminated unless you give valid consent to termination, or your parent-child relationship is terminated involuntarily pursuant to chapter 26.33 or 13.34.
9. If the Service Members Civil Relief Act, 50 U.S.C.S. Appx. § 501 et. seq. and RCW 38.42.210 et. seq., apply, you may have certain rights and protections.
YOUR FAILURE TO RESPOND MAY RESULT IN A DEFAULT ORDER PERMANENTLY TERMINATING ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS TO THE ABOVE-NAMED CHILD.
DATED this day 29th of April, 2019.
MARK R. IVERSON, P.S.
MARK R. IVERSON, WSBA #18312
Attorney for Petitioners
FILE ORIGINAL WITH THE SERVE A COPY OF YOUR CLERK OF THE COURT AT: RESPONSE ON:
Clerk of the Court Mark R. Iverson
Spokane County Court Mark R. Iverson, P.S.
1116 West Broadway, Rm. 300 921 W. Broadway, Ste. 305
Spokane, WA 99260-0350 Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 477-2211 (509) 462-3678
(Publish May 1, 8 and 15,2019)
Grant County Conservation District
1107 S Juniper Drive, Moses Lake, WA 98837
Phone (509) 765-9618
REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
GIS PROGRAM DEVELOPER
Adams County, Washington
The Grant County Conservation District (GCCD) is requesting proposals for qualified consultants or individuals to develop a GIS system for the Adams County Voluntary Stewardship Program. The consultant/individual will be tasked with:
Establish a GIS system for us in county planning requirements.
GIS system will need to fully incorporate county parcel information, Critical Areas, measurements, and other land use information.
Data will need to be accessible and able to be managed by county and GCCD staff.
System will need to incorporate a web-based mapping program to be used by planners and land owners in a user-friendly manner.
Time and material (May 22, 2019 to June 30, 2019).
Experience with similar projects.
Ability to work with and visit Adams County Planning Department in Othello, Washington.
GIS knowledge and understanding to develop the requested workload to accomplish the goals for a full functioning system.
Ability to give advice on needed and required software and equipment needed to accomplish a GIS system.
How to Submit
Proposals must be submitted to the Grant County Conservation District at 1107 S Juniper Drive, Moses Lake, WA 98837, prior to 4 p.m. on May 21, 2019. The Grant County Conservation District reserves the right to reject any and all proposals, to waive informalities in the Request for Proposals, and to award the contract based on a fair appraisal of the services and skills offered. The District will not necessarily be bound by the lowest price submitted for consideration.
Any questions regarding this Request for Proposal should be directed to Marie Lotz, Manager or by calling (509) 765-9618.
NO PROPOSAL SHALL BE ACCEPTED AFTER THE DATE AND TIME NOTED ABOVE.
Dated May 7, 2019
(Publish May 15, 2019)
Grant Count Port District #7
NOTICE OF MEETING CHANGE
Grant County Port District #7 is changing their regular board meeting date for May 2019 to Thursday, May 23rd, at 4 p.m. at the Grand Coulee Dam Airport Office. There will be no meeting Thursday, May 30th, due to a lack of a quorum on that date.
(Publish May 8 and 15, 2019)
Grant County Mosquito Control District #2
Grant County Mosquito Control District #2 is announcing the beginning of the spray aplication season. The district will be utilizing multiple insecticides for 2019. These include Vectobac GS, FOURSTAR CRG, Altosid WSP, Natular DT, Natular XRT, Natular G30, WISDOM TC, and DUET. The active ingredients of these insecticides are: Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, Methoprene, Spinosad, Bifenthrin, Prallethrin, Sumithrin, and Piperonyl Butoxide.
Spray applications began in April soon and continue through September 2019, all of which are weather dependent. Treatment locations will be within the mosquito control district boundary which can be found on our website http://www.gcmcd2.org. More informaton about the insecticides planned for use can be found at http://www.clarke.com and http://www.valentbiosciences.com and http://www.amvacchemical.com.
The Washington State Department of Ecology Aquatic Pesticidies Permit Specialist is Jon Jennings and be reached at (360) 407-6283. The NPDES Perittee is Robbin Boyce the Field Supervisor GCMCD#2. (509) 720-0354, P.O. Box 8, Electric City, WA. 99123.
(Publish May 8 and 15, 2019)