Legals for May 8, 2019
Last updated 5/8/2019 at 12:24pm
IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE
STATE OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
THE COUNTY OF SPOKANE
In Re the Interest of:
LUKE MICHAEL CANO AKA
A Person under the age of 18.
SUMMONS AND NOTICE BY PUBLICATION OF PETITION/HEARING RE: TERMINATION OF CHILD/TERMINATION OF PARENT/CHILD RELATIONSHIP
The State of Washington to the said: Chris Andrew Espersen, alleged birthfather of Luke Michael Cano aka Infant Strasburg, (DOB: 04/24/2019) or anyone with a paternal interest:
1. You have been named as the alleged father or possible father of the above-named child. A Petition for Termination of Parent-Child Relationship has been filed in the above-entitled court by Petitioners, Michael John Cano and Kimberly Ayres Cano. The Petitioners are asking the court for an order permanently terminating the parent-child relationship between you and the child, permanently terminating all of your rights to the child, and for a decree of adoption declaring the prospective adoptive parents to be the legal parent of the child.
2. The child is Luke Michael Cano aka Infant Strasburg, born on April 24, 2019 in Spokane, Washington to Eva Marie Strasburg.
3. The court hearing on this matter shall be held on June 4, 2019 at 1:30 p.m. in the Spokane County Superior Court; Room 304, 1116 W. Broadway, Spokane, Washington. Your failure to appear at this hearing may result in a Default Order permanently terminating all of your rights to the above-named child.
4. In order to defend against this petition, you must respond to the petition by stating your defense in writing and by serving a copy on the person signing this summons and by filing the original with the clerk of the court. If you do not serve your written response within (1) twenty (20) days if you are served personally within the State of Washington, (2) thirty (30) days if you are served personally outside the State of Washington, or (3) thirty (30) days if you are served by publication, from the date of service of this summons and notice, an order permanently terminating your parent-child relationship with the child will be entered by default. A default order is one where the petitioners are entitled to what they ask for because you have not responded. If you serve a notice of appearance on Mark R. Iverson at the address below, you are entitled to notice before a default order may be entered.
5. One method of serving your response is to send it by certified mail with return receipt requested, if service is made by mail. The service shall be deemed complete upon the third day following the day upon which the response is placed in the mail, unless the third day falls on a Saturday, Sunday, or legal holiday, in which event service shall be deemed complete on the first day other than a Saturday, Sunday or legal holiday, following the third day.
6. You are further notified that any non-consenting parent or alleged father has the right to be represented by an attorney, and an attorney will be appointed for an indigent person who requests an attorney.
7. You are further notified that you have a right to file a claim of paternity under Chapter 26.26 RCW. You are further notified that your failure to file a claim of paternity within 30 days of the date of service of this notice and Summons upon you or your failure to respond to the Petition within 30 days of the date of service of Summons & Notice upon you, is grounds to terminate your parent/child relationship with respect to the child.
8. If the child is an Indian child as defined by the Indian Child Welfare Act, 25 U.S.C. § 1901, et. seq. or RCW 13.38 et. seq., your parental rights may not be terminated unless you give valid consent to termination, or your parent-child relationship is terminated involuntarily pursuant to chapter 26.33 or 13.34.
9. If the Service Members Civil Relief Act, 50 U.S.C.S. Appx. § 501 et. seq. and RCW 38.42.210 et. seq., apply, you may have certain rights and protections.
YOUR FAILURE TO RESPOND MAY RESULT IN A DEFAULT ORDER PERMANENTLY TERMINATING ALL OF YOUR RIGHTS TO THE ABOVE-NAMED CHILD.
DATED this day 29th of April, 2019.
MARK R. IVERSON, P.S.
MARK R. IVERSON, WSBA #18312
Attorney for Petitioners
FILE ORIGINAL WITH THE SERVE A COPY OF YOUR CLERK OF THE COURT AT: RESPONSE ON:
Clerk of the Court Mark R. Iverson
Spokane County Court Mark R. Iverson, P.S.
1116 West Broadway, Rm. 300 921 W. Broadway, Ste. 305
Spokane, WA 99260-0350 Spokane, WA 99201
(509) 477-2211 (509) 462-3678
(Publish May 1, 8 and 15,2019)
Keller School District #3
Notice of School Vehicle
to be Sold as Surplus
Keller School District #3 is announcing that the following vehicle is being declared surplus. Pursuant to RCW 28A.335.180 this notice is provided to inform the public that the vehicle will be available for sale. Keller School District is now accepting sealed bids for this vehicle.
1999 Chevrolet Suburban
151,000 approximate miles
For more information call(509) 634-4325
The minimum bid is $2,500.00
Keller School District reserves the right to reject any or all bids.
Bids shall be submitted in a sealed envelope marked with “School Suburban”
Bids shall be submitted to: Keller School District #3, Box 367, Keller, WA 99140
Bids accepted until 4:00 p.m. on May 21, 2019 at the school district office in Keller.
(Publish May 1 and 8, 2019)
Grant County Mosquito Control District #2
Grant County Mosquito Control District #2 is announcing the beginning of the spray aplication season. The district will be utilizing multiple insecticides for 2019. These include Vectobac GS, FOURSTAR CRG, Altosid WSP, Natular DT, Natular XRT, Natular G30, WISDOM TC, and DUET. The active ingredients of these insecticides are: Bacillus thuringiensis israelensis, Methoprene, Spinosad, Bifenthrin, Prallethrin, Sumithrin, and Piperonyl Butoxide.
Spray applications began in April soon and continue through September 2019, all of which are weather dependent. Treatment locations will be within the mosquito control district boundary which can be found on our website http://www.gcmcd2.org. More informaton about the insecticides planned for use can be found at http://www.clarke.com and http://www.valentbiosciences.com and http://www.amvacchemical.com.
The Washington State Department of Ecology Aquatic Pesticidies Permit Specialist is Jon Jennings and be reached at (360) 407-6283. The NPDES Perittee is Robbin Boyce the Field Supervisor GCMCD#2. (509) 720-0354, P.O. Box 8, Electric City, WA. 99123.
(Publish May 8 and 15, 2019)
Grant Count Port District #7
NOTICE OF MEETING CHANGE
Grant County Port District #7 is changing their regular board meeting date for May 2019 to Thursday, May 23rd, at 4 p.m. at the Grand Coulee Dam Airport Office. There will be no meeting Thursday, May 30th, due to a lack of a quorum on that date.
(Publish May 8 and 15, 2019)
SUMMARY OF ORDINANCE NO. 1058
of the City of Grand Coulee, WA
On the 16th day of April, 2019, the City Council of the City of Grand Coulee, Washington, passed Ordinance No. 1058. A summary of the content of said Ordinance, consisting of the title, provides as follows:
AN ORDINANCE OF THE CITY OF GRAND COULEE, WASHINGTON, AMENDING SECTIONS IN CHAPTER 8.04 OF THE GRAND COULEE MUNICIPAL CODE TO INCLUDE A DEFINITION AND ENFORCEMENT OF CHRONIC AND MORAL NUISANCE PROPERTIES; INCLUDING A SEVERABILITY PROVISION; AND SETTING AN EFFECTIVE DATE.
The full text of this Ordinance will be mailed upon request.
DATED this 23rd day of April, 2019.
LORNA PEARCE, CITY CLERK
(Publish May 8, 2019)
PUBLIC AUCTION/LANDLORD LIEN FORECLOSURE
ELECTRIC CITY, WASHINGTON
A Public Auction/Landlord Lien Foreclosure Sale will be held at 10 a.m., Thursday, May 16, 2019 for a 1971 12x60 Sunny Book Mobile Home at Coulee View Mobile Home Park, 216 Jackson Save., Space #5. Starting bid $1,000. 509-631-2033.
(Publish May 8 and 15, 2019)
IN THE TRIBAL COURT
OF THE CONFEDERATED TRIBES OF THE COLVILLE RESERVATION
Colville Tribal Credit Corporation, ) Case No .: CV-CD-2018-41070
lending institution wholly-owned by )
the Confederated Tribes of the Colville )
Indian Reservation )
) CHIEF OF POLICE ) PUBLIC NOTICE
) OF SALE OF
Plaintiff(s), ) REAL PROPERTY
Norman D. Senator, a single individual )
and Elizabeth M. Smith, a single )
Washington State Department of )
Employment Security )
The Colville Tribal Court has directed the undersigned Chief of Police, Colville Tribe, to sell the property described below to satisfy a judgment in the above-entitled action.
Lot 5, Block 82, Town of Coulee Dam, Washington, according to the Second Revised Okanogan County Assessor’s Plat thereof filed in Okanogan County on April 21, 1958, under Auditor’s file No. 453224.
A strip ten feet wide in, and running the length of Lot 4, and adjoining Lot 5, in said Block 82.
All that portion of Tract 11 lying within 85 feet of the Northwest margin of Central Drive, comprising an area of approximately 8600 square feet, in the Town of Coulee Dam, according to the Amendment to the Second Revised Okanogan County Assessor’s Plat thereof filed in Okanogan County February 1, 1960, under Auditor’s file No. 470402. All located in Section 31, Township 29 North, Range 31 E.W.M.
Okanogan County Washington.
The Real Property or its address is commonly known as 1200 Central Drive, Coulee Dam, WA 99116. The Real Property tax identification number is 0610110000 & 0610820500.
The sale of the above property is to take place:
TIME: 9:00 a.m.
DATE: June 7, 2019
PLACE: Front Entrance, Colville Tribal Courthouse #1
38 School House Loop Road, Nespelem, WA 99155
The Judgment Debtor(s) can avoid the sale by paying the judgment amount of $194,794.11 together with interest, costs, statutory interest, and fees before the sale date. For the exact amount, contact the Chief of Police at the address stated below.
Sharlene Zacherle for
Dustin Best, Chief of Police
28 Okanogan Street / PO Box 617
Nespelem, WA 99155
Please publish on the following dates:
Week of May 6, 2019
Week of May 13, 2019
Week of May 20, 2019
Week of May 27, 2019