The Star - News, views and advertising of the Grand Coulee Dam Area

Coulee Medical Center ER and Walk-In Care

Coulee Cops

Reports compiled from police files


Grand Coulee


1/30 - Police advised homeowners on G Street that their dog was running loose on highway 174. They agreed to keep their dog inside.

- A 911 hangup call was checked on at a Division Street location. It was determined that it was possibly a phone problem.

- A woman on West Grand Avenue in Electric City told police that her brother has posted some alarming things on Facebook that included threats. Police made copies of the Facebook postings. The woman said she didn’t know where her brother was.

- A man at a Dill Avenue address told police that he thought there was drug activity at a nearby house. Police checked with the people in the house, where it appeared that all was well.

1/31 - Police checked on a report of a backpack in the roadway on Midway Avenue and found that it belonged to a person waiting for the bus.

- An elderly woman from Otis Orchards, Washington, who appeared confused as to where she was, got help from police. An officer contacted her son, who drove from the Spokane area to help his mother.

- A resident of West Grand Avenue in Electric City was advised that there had been a complaint about his dog barking. He was told to keep the dog indoors so it wouldn’t bark and bother his neighbors.

- Police received a complaint that someone was hiding behind a blue trailer in Butler Square. The officer couldn’t find anyone in the area.

- An officer found a set of keys in the lock of a Main Street business. The building was secured and the keys were taken to the police department because the owners didn’t answer their phone.

2/1 - An Electric City man was cited for third-degree theft after he allegedly took a box of wine from H&H Grocery and left the store without paying for it. The incident was recorded on the store security camera.

2/2 - Police checked to see if a man residing on Roosevelt Avenue in Electric City was alright after a neighbor said he hadn’t seen him in two weeks. The man explained that he had been working nights.

- It was reported to police that a woman residing on C Street was leaving her children home alone. Police contacted the mother, who said that she did not leave her children home alone.

2/3 - An Electric City man reported that someone in a pickup was driving around and taking pictures of houses. Police checked the area but couldn’t find the pickup.

- An Electric City man living on West Grand Avenue and wanted on several warrants for his arrest was taken to Grant County jail.

- Police checked on a man who was walking near the Crown Point junction with a scoped rifle. He explained that he was hunting coyotes.

- A man who had parked his pickup near Coulee Playland reported to police that someone had backed into his vehicle. He stated that they has also entered the cab, gone through his things and written cuss words on the windows.

- A man reported what he thought was drug activity at a Dill Avenue location. He called back the next day to report more such activity.

2/4 - Tribal police asked for assistance with a combative person at Coulee Medical Center. When police arrived, a tribal officer had already taken the man to jail.

- Police controlled traffic on the Coulee Dam bridge after a truck blocked the northbound lane of highway 155 due to a broken driveline.

- An Electric City woman was cited for driving 47 mph in a 30 mph zone on highway 155 near the top of the dam.

2/6 - The Lincoln County Sheriff’s Office asked police to conduct traffic control on highway 174 near milepost 28 due to a disabled semi-truck.

Coulee Dam


- Police secured a speaker that was left in a cart at Harvest Foods by a known party. The reporting person thought the incident strange. The speaker is in the police department property room.

1/26 - A hit and run was reported on Yucca Street. Police will patrol the area.

1/27 - An unclassified theft was reported by a person on Cedar Street.

- Police went to Central Drive to check on a man who reportedly was drinking, off his medication and had a handgun. Police found the man eating a bowl of soup. He stated he had only one beer. Assured the man was no danger to himself, the officer left. Later, the officer learned that the man was harassing the person who owned the house and a party who worked in Pullman. The officer recommended that those parties seek a protection order through the courts.

1/28 - Police were called to a house on Columbia Avenue, where an ambulance crew was standing by because there had been a report of a man swallowing bleach. The house was unoccupied. Later, the subject talked to police from another location, stating he was fine and his girlfriend, who was mad at him, had called in the report.

- Police checked on an alarm going off at the National Park Service building on Crest Avenue. The alarm was off and the building secure when police arrived.

You might be interested in:

Reader Comments

Rendered 01/16/2019 11:26