The Star - News, views and advertising of the Grand Coulee Dam Area

Coulee Medical Center ER and Walk-In Care

Fire burns car


Last updated 12/11/2013 at 10:53am

Firefighters responded to a vehicle fire about 5:15 p.m. Sunday when they found a four-door Saturn engulfed in flames.

Grand Coulee Volunteer Fire Chief Richard Paris said the fire was put out with water, but with the temperature about 12 degrees, it caused icy conditions on the roadway.

The vehicle, owned and driven by Bill Brown, was located at E Street and SR-174.

The Washington State Department of Transportation sanded the slick roadway so the area wouldn’t be a hazard to other motorists.

Paris stated that the car would be a total loss and that Brown only had liability insurance.

Brown had stated that he had been having problems with the car’s engine and it finally “blew up.” When firemen arrived, the fire was in the engine compartment, fenders, bumper and interior.

Brown and his dog were not injured, but one responder had to have stitches for a minor injury.

Grand Coulee’s fire department had five firefighters at the scene, and one police officer assisted.

Paris said with the cold weather, residents should make certain that objects should be kept at least 18 inches away from home heaters.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 11/30/2021 19:59