The Star - News, views and advertising of the Grand Coulee Dam Area

Coulee Medical Center ER and Walk-In Care

How Livingston changed things

Reporter's Notebook

 

Last updated 9/21/2022 at 9:53am



My wife and I lived the first time in the coulee back in 1953-55.

I was a lumber grader down at the mill located above the dam. A fellow by the name of Kirkpatick owned 90% of the operation, and a fellow who ran the logging part of the company the other 10%.

Logs were floated down the Columbia River to the mill site.

With winter coming on, Kirkpatick advised the workers that the mill would shut...



For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.

 

Reader Comments(0)

 
 

Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 09/26/2022 20:01