Tips for a safer Halloween
Last updated 10/27/2021 at 7:52am
If your Halloween plans include trick or treating, remember these simple safety tips.
• Stick with members of your own household and distance from others when in crowded indoor and outdoor spaces.
• Wear a cloth mask and remember: a plastic costume mask is not a suitable substitute.
• Wash your hands before and after trick-or-treating.
• Bring plenty of hand sanitizer.
If you give out treats:
• Limit candy to individually wrapped treat bags. This reduces the number of people who would typically touch items in a communal
• To avoid crowding, place treats on a table in your driveway or yard.
• Place a few mini pumpkins or other decorations 6 feet apart to signal a line and keep trick- or-treaters distanced while waiting for treats.
Source: Washington State Department of Health