History of the Keller Ferry
Last updated 10/16/2019 at 9:44am
John Christopher (J.C.) Keller was born in Cincinnati, Ohio, October 16, 1858, and came west in 1882. He conducted the post office and a general store at Hesseltine, northwest of Wilbur and when the railroad was built to Davenport, Keller moved to Almira and opened a mercantile store.
In 1897, anticipation of the opening of the Colville Reservation south half to mineral entry, prompted him to b...