The Star - News, views and advertising of the Grand Coulee Dam Area

Coulee Medical Center ER and Walk-In Care

This is about jobs


Did you know that irrigated agriculture accounts for 24 percent of the employment in Grant County? Grant County agriculture directly employs over 7,000 Grant County residents, and indirectly creates employment for another 10,000. Agricultural processing and manufacturing creates another 17 percent (9,000) jobs for Grant County. All total, this means 41 percent, or 26,000 jobs are created by irrigated agriculture. Irrigated agriculture represents approximately 25 percent of the energy used from Grant County PUD. 

Terry Brewer and Patti Paris are saying farmers aren’t important to this cou...

For access to this article please sign in or subscribe.


Reader Comments


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2019