The Star - News, views and advertising of the Grand Coulee Dam Area

Coulee Medical Center ER and Walk-In Care

Fire destroys home


Last updated 10/10/2012 at 1:34pm

Grand Coulee Volunteer Fire Dept. Captain Bob DeChenne, center, and Bureau of Reclamation firefighters Patrick Taylor, at nozzle, and John Fretwel, work the house fire in Delano Monday. — Scott Hunter photo

Fire destroyed a home in Delano Sunday afternoon.

Fire officials said the home at 57789 Cardinal Place NE was a total loss.

One fire official, Carl Sheehy, a captain of the Electric City Fire Department, said it appeared that the fire started in the crawl space under the house and was probably electrical in nature.

The house, owned by Linda Ayotte, of Spokane, was in the process of being sold.

Sheehy said the only thing salvaged by firefighters was the carport and a pickup that was there.

By the time firefighters started fighting the blaze, he said, the fire had already gone up through the walls to the attic.

The 1,400-square-foot 1981 manufactured home had been listed for sale at $117,500.

The call on the fire came in about 4 p.m. and engines from Grand Coulee, the Bureau of Reclamation and Electric City responded.


Reader Comments(0)


Powered by ROAR Online Publication Software from Lions Light Corporation
© Copyright 2021

Rendered 07/30/2022 06:52