10th annual fun event for kids is set for this Saturday
by Roger S. Lucas
The 10th Annual Koulee Kids Fest is Saturday, with everything for kids.
Pick up your Koulee Kids passport at the Visitor Center, Saturday Market or Coulee Hardware and you can be on your way to fun and maybe prizes.
The event is organized by the Grand Coulee Dam Area Chamber of Commerce and many partners.
Get your passports stamped at six or more fun venues and you are qualified for great gifts at a drawing at the end of the day.
Fun activities at the various venues include:
• catching a fish at the big tank at the Colville Tribal Museum in Coulee Dam;
• riding a peddle boat (free) at Coulee Playland;
• stopping by the Coulee Cruizers Car Show and Shine event at North Dam Park and voting on your favorite car;
• buying a burger or hot dog at the Lions Club barbecue at North Dam Park;
• finding “Rosie” and coloring your favorite quilt blocks at the Visitor Center;
• playing disc golf at North Dam Park;
• geocaching at Funzee’s in Grand Coulee;
• creating chalk art at North Dam Park;
• checking out the inside of a fire truck at North Dam Park;
• getting free ice cream from Coulee Creamery at North Dam Park between noon and 3 p.m .;
• slingshotting a stuffed pig at the Tropical Pig in Electric City;
• stopping by Saturday Market for a free cookie;
• playing a round of mini golf (free) at Sunbanks Lake Resort and
• looking into a telescope at North Dam Park to see solar flares.
And top the fun day off at the Grand Gallery Theatre on Grand Coulee’s Main Street for a free magic show starring Dick Frost at 3 p.m.
That’s where the drawing for a Kindle Fire, an iPod and a long list of prizes will be awarded to lucky kids who have their passports properly stamped.
Kids, you have to be present at the drawing to win. Come and celebrate Koulee Kids Fest on Saturday and enjoy the magic show and drawing for prizes.