Legal Notices for August 14, 2013
INVITATION TO BID
Notice is hereby given that sealed bids for construction of the “2013 Airport Improvements: Development of Snow Removal Equipment Building (AIP No. 3-53-0025-005)” addressed to Grant County Port District #7, c/o USKH Inc ., 621 W. Mallon Ave ., Ste. 309, Spokane, Washington, 99201 will be received until 2:00 PM local time, on August 28, 2013 at which time the bids will be publicly opened and read aloud at the USKH Spokane office listed above. Any Bids received after the time for opening will not be considered.
The Project consists of providing the following work:
Base Bid Schedule A: Providing and constructing a pre-engineered Airport Snow Removal Equipment Building (SREB), including excavation, backfill, base course, site clearing and grading, concrete pads, asphalt sawcut/removal/patching, material testing, electrical amenities, and other associated items as further detailed within the Contract Documents.
For information concerning the proposed work contact Lisa Corcoran, USKH, (866) 328-5139. Bid Documents may be obtained from http://www.aeplans.com. Documents will be available on August 12, 2013.
Complete bidding documents for this project are available in electronic form. They may be viewed online and downloaded without charge and without deposit from http://www.aeplans.com and are available to your local plan rooms and reprographers. If software/website technical assistance is needed please call toll free (888) 320-3032. Bidders must register through the web site to be notified of addenda. Bid documents are not available from the Engineer or the Owner, but they may be obtained from most plan rooms and reprographic firms for a fee. Printed copies may be ordered from reprographic companies through the website or by contacting a reprographer directly. Downloaded files may be printed on the plan holder’s equipment. Plan holders are responsible for their own reproduction costs. Please go to http://www.aeplans.com to download the 2013 Airport Improvements: Development of Snow Removal Equipment Building documents, for distribution to your members. No hard copies will be sent. Addenda to the project will be posted on the website. The bidder is responsible for periodically checking the site. The Contractor that is awarded the project will be responsible for printing all documents necessary for performing the work.
Each Bid must be submitted on the prescribed Bid Form and accompanied by Bid security as prescribed in the Instructions to Bidders, payable to Grant County Port District #7 in an amount not less than 5 percent of the amount Bid. The Successful Bidder will be required to furnish the additional Bond(s) prescribed in the Bid Documents.
In order to perform public work, the Successful Bidder and Subcontractors prior to contract award shall hold or obtain such licenses and registrations as required by state statutes and codes, and federal and local laws and regulations.
The proposed contract is subject to the following regulations:
• The proposed contract is under and subject to Executive Order 11246 of September 24, 1986, as amended, to the Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Clause and the Standard Federal Equal Employment Opportunity Construction Contract Specifications.
• The Bidder will be required to comply with the wage and labor requirements and to pay minimum wages in accordance with the schedule of wage rates established by the United States Department of Labor as referenced in the Contract.
• Each bidder must supply all the information required by the Bid Form.
• The EEO requirements, labor provisions, and wage rates are included in the Specifications and Bid Documents.
• Each bidder must complete, sign, and furnish with his bid a "Certification of Nonsegregated Facilities" and a statement entitled "Bidder's Statement on Previous Contracts Subject to EEO Clause," as contained in the proposal.
• A contractor or subcontractor who may be awarded a contract of $10,000 or more will be required to maintain an affirmative action program, the standards for which are contained in the FAA Special Provisions.
• To be eligible for award, each bidder must comply with the affirmative action requirements contained in the FAA Special Provisions.
• Bidders presently debarred, suspended, proposed for debarment, declared ineligible, or voluntarily excluded from participation in this transaction by any Federal department or agency are not eligible for award.
• This contract will be funded, in part, by a grant from the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). In accordance with Federal requirements, Grant County Port District #7 encourages the use of firms owned and controlled by Disadvantaged Business Enterprises (DBE). This project is advertised as “Race Neutral.” All prospective bidders are directed to the FAA Special Provisions with regard to the procedures the OWNER for tracking DBE utilization. If DBE firms are to be used, each bidder shall furnish with his bid a "Letter of Intent" for each DBE firm.
• Disadvantaged business enterprises will be afforded full opportunity to submit bids in response to this advertisement and will not be discriminated against on the grounds of race, color, or national origin in consideration.
• Women will be afforded equal opportunity in all areas of employment. However, the employment of women shall not diminish the standards or requirements for the employment of minorities.
• Bidders will be required to comply with State of Washington RCW 39.30.060 relating to identification of Subcontractors.
• Grant County Port District #7 reserves the right to reject any and/or all Bids and to waive irregularities or informalities in the bid or in the opening.
Refer to Part I Bidding Requirements for the complete Invitation to Bid.
Dated this 9th day of August, 2013.
Orville Scharbach, Grant County Port District #7 Chairman
Spokesman Review Publish Dates: August 9th & August 16th, 2013
Grand Coulee Star Publish Date: August 14th, 2013
IN THE SUPERIOR COURT OF THE STATE OF WASHINGTON
IN AND FOR THE COUNTY OF OKANOGAN
THE ESTATE OF JEAN H. GREEN, DECEASED
JAMES P. GREEN JR ., PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE,
THE ESTATES OF GILBERT H. PARLET and/or RACHEL C. PARLET, husband and wife, both deceased, and their heirs, successors, and assigns; Also, all other persons or parties unknown claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Complaint filed herein,
AMENDED SUMMONS BY PUBLICATION
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
THE STATE OF WASHINGTON TO THE SAID ESTATES OF GILBERT H. PARLET and/or RACHEL C. PARLET, husband and wife, both deceased, and their heirs, successors, and assigns; Also, all other persons or parties unknown claiming any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real estate described in the Complaint filed herein.
YOU ARE HEREBY SUMMONED to appear within sixty (60) days after the date of the first publication of this Amended Summons, to-wit, within sixty (60) days after the 14th day of August, 2013, and defend the above-entitled action in the above-entitled court, and answer the Complaint of the Plaintiff, The Estate of Jean H. Green, Deceased – James P. Green Jr ., Personal Representative, (hereinafter “Plaintiff”), and serve a copy of your Answer upon the undersigned attorney for the Plaintiff, Peg R. Callaway of the Law Office of Callaway & DeTro PLLC, at her office below-stated; and in the case of your failure to do so, judgment will be rendered against you according to the demands of the Complaint, which has been filed with the Clerk of said Court.
The object of this action is to quiet title to real property in the name of the Plaintiff, and to cancel and remove from Plaintiff’s title any claim to any right, title, estate, lien or interest in the real property by the Defendants stated herein.
DATED this 12th day of August, 2013.
CALLAWAY & DETRO PLLC
By: /s/ Peg R. Callaway; WSBA #13786
Attorney for Plaintiff 700-A Okoma Drive
Omak, Okanogan County, WA 98841
(Publish August 14, 21, 28 and Sept. 4, 11, 18, 2013)
SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON IN AND FOR
IN THE MATTER OF THE ESTATE OF
Bettye Jo Baltz, Deceased
Case No,. 13-4-000-54-6
PROBATE NOTICE TO CREDITORS
The Personal Representative named below has been appointed as Personal Representative of this estate. Any person having a claim against the decedent must, before the time the claim would be barred by any otherwise applicable statute of limitations, present the claim in the manner as provided in RCW 11.40.070 by serving on or mailing to the Personal Representative or the Personal Representative’s attorney at the address stated below a copy of the claim and filing the original of the claim with the court. The claim must be presented within the later of: (1) Thirty days after the Personal Representative served or mailed the notice to the creditor as provided under RCW 11.40.020(1)(c); or (2) four months after the date of first publication of the notice. If the claim is not presented within this time frame, the claim is forever barred, except as otherwise provided in RCW 11.40.051 and 11.40.060. This bar is effective as to claims against both the decedent’s probate and nonprobate assets.
DATE OF FIRST PUBLICATION: August 7, 2013
PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVE: Linda Louise Eaton
ATTORNEY FOR PERSONAL
REPRESENTATIVE: Jay Manon, WSBA #23855
of Manon Law Office
ADDRESS FOR MAILING OR SERVICE: Manon Law Office
P.O. Box 554
Grand Coulee, WA 99133
(Publish August 7, 14 and 21, 2013)
SUPERIOR COURT OF WASHINGTON
FOR LINCOLN COUNTY
VIOLA R. TAYLOR,
NO. 13-4 00048-1
PROBATE NOTICE TO CREDITORS
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE
The above Court has appointed me Personal Representative of Decedent’s estate.
Any person having a claim against Decedent must present the claim:
Before the time when the claim would be barred by any applicable statute of limitations, and
In the manner provided in RCW 11.40.070:
By filing with the foregoing Court the original of the signed Creditor’s Claim, and
By serving upon or mailing by first class mail to us at the address provided below a copy of the signed Creditor’s Claim.
The Creditor’s Claim must be presented by the later to occur of:
Thirty (30) days after we served or mailed this Notice to you as provided in RCW 11.40.020(3), or
Four (4) months after the date of first publication of this Notice.
If the Creditor’s Claim is not presented within the foregoing time period, the claim will be forever barred except as provided in RCW 11.40.051 and 11.40.060. This bar is effective for claims against both the Decedent’s probate and non-probate assets.
Date of First Publication of this Notice: August 14, 2013
Signed: DORIS J. ANDERSON, Personal Representative
Address for Mailing of Service:
C/O Joshua F. Grant, P.S. Attorney at Law
P.O. Box 619, Wilbur, WA 99185
(Publish August 14, 21, 28, 2013)
CITY OF GRAND COULEE
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that a public hearing will be held by the city council in the council chambers, 306 Midway Avenue, on August 20, 2013 at 6:30 p.m. The purpose of the public hearing is to review and receive comments regarding the proposed City of Grand Coulee Six Year Street Transportation program. This program lists and prioritizes street construction, repair and maintenance projects under consideration for the ensuing six calendar years, 2014-2019. Comments may also be submitted in writing to City of Grand Coulee, PO Box 180, Grand Coulee WA 99133, by 5:00 p.m. on August 20, 2013. The city hall is accessible to persons with disabilities. Arrangements to reasonably accommodate the needs of special classes of citizens, including handicap accessibility or interpreter, will be made upon receiving twenty-four (24) hour advance notice. To make accommodation arrangements, contact City Hall at (509) 633-1150.
(Publish August 14, 2013)