The 10th Annual Koulee Kids Fest and the Saturday Market will each take off Saturday, June 14.
Both are sponsored by the Grand Coulee Dam Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Saturday Market, featuring fruits and vegetables, local produce and arts and crafts, opens at Midway Avenue and Morrison Street at 8:30 a.m. and goes until 12:30 p.m. weekly through Sept.13.
Market manager Cheryl Hoffman (509.431.1027) can provide information on securing a booth for the market. Or for information interested parties can call the chamber office (509.633.3074).
The Koulee Kids Fest offers a passport for fun and excitement. Kids pick up passports at the Visitor Center, Saturday Market or Coulee Hardware. All the information will be provided when they pick up their passport.
Kids and their parents take part in six featured events and show up at the Grand Gallery Theatre at 3 p.m. for the drawing for a Kindle Fire, an iPod and a lot more. Winners must be present and 12 or under to win.
They can stay for a free magic show, starring Dick Frost, a 45-minute event billed to fascinate young and old alike.
Venues for passport entries include:
• catching a fish at the huge tribal tank next to the museum;
• riding a paddle boat at Coulee Playland;
• stopping by the Coulee Cruizers’ Car Show and Shine event at North Dam Park to vote on your favorite car;
• buying a burger or hot dog at the Lions Club BBQ at North Dam Park;
• visiting the Visitor Center and finding “Rosie” and coloring your favorite quilt blocks;
• playing disc golf at North Dam Park;
• breaking apart geodes at Funzee’s in Grand Coulee;
• creating chalk art at the Skate Park;
• checking out the inside of a fire truck;
• getting free ice cream from the Coulee Creamery at North Dam Park between noon and 3 pm;
• slingshoting a stuffed pig at the Tropical Pig in Electric City;
• stopping by Saturday Market for a free cookie; and
• playing a round of mini-golf at Sunbanks Lake Resort in Electric City.