The Star - News, views and advertising of the Grand Coulee Dam Area

Coulee Medical Center ER and Walk-In Care

Fire doused at Senior Manor


Firemen responded to a fire at the Senior Manor last Thursday evening at 5:29.

Upon arrival, firemen found smoke in the third floor hallway and that a sprinkler head had been activated in a nearby apartment.

Grand Coulee fire chief Rick Paris said that the sprinklers “did their job.”

The fire appeared to have started when a pan was left on the stove in one of the apartments and there was smoke and fire damage to cupboards and the ceiling.  Fire damage was confined to the lone apartment and there was water damage to two apartments below.

Several residents were temporarily displaced from the east wing of the building.  No injuries were reported.  Firefighters helped clear the smoke from the building and residents then were allowed to return to their apartments.  

Grand Coulee fire department received assistance from police and mutual aid from Electric City and USBR Plant Protection.  Fire personnel were on the scene about two hours.

A total of 19 firefighters, six fire engines and one police officer responded.

There was no estimate of damage.

You might be interested in:

Reader Comments

Rendered 05/25/2018 14:57