Lots to do this Saturday
Koulee Kids Day will provide a lot for kids and parents to do around town Saturday, and kids can win prizes, too.
Start out by picking up an entry form with a map of the fun stuff. They will be available Saturday at Coulee Hardware, Funzee’s, and the U.S. Bureau of Reclamation’s Visitor Center.
Kids who visit at least four of the starred fun sites on the map, and get them initialed by an adult at that place, are eligible for prize drawings at the Village Cinema following the 1 p.m. movie, Despicable Me. The cinema is offering the movie at a reduced rate of $5, which includes a small soft drink and small popcorn. The drawing will take place just after the movie. The child whose name is drawn must be present to win.
Prizes sponsored by the chamber of commerce include a Kindle Fire, a two-man tent, a fishing pole, snorkeling gear, an inflatable boat, several passes to the movies and more.
In between the Visitor Center and the prize drawing, several great activities await.
Among the specials and activities already scheduled:
• Kids can fish in a huge tank provided by the Colville Tribal Fish and Wildlife Department. It will be set up at the Colville Tribal Museum in Coulee Dam.
• The museum itself will also offer a fun activity.
• Sunbanks Lake Resort will offer their mini-golf course overlooking the lake.
• Coulee Playland will offer its popular peddle boat rides to kids for free.
• Coulee Cruizers Car Club will hold its annual car show at North Dam, and will include a coloring contest.
• The Lions Club will offer a barbecue lunch as a fund-raiser at North Dam Park.
• The Grand Coulee Dam, aside from their exhibits at the Visitor Center, is promoting a geocache educational treasure hunt of sorts.
• Kids can climb into a fire truck at North Dam Park.
Check out the Kids Day Grand Coulee Dam Chamber of Commerce ad on the back page of this issue.