Lots of activities and prizes will present kids and parents plenty of choices for fun in the area June 16.
The Grand Coulee Dam Area Chamber of Commerce has again encouraged local businesses and organizations to offer activities for children and their parents on that Saturday, resulting in places to go and prizes to win.
The event will end with a drawing at Village Cinema based on qualifying activities through the day, with prizes ranging from a two-man tent to a Kindle Fire tablet e-reader.
Among the specials and activities already scheduled:
• Kids can fish in a huge tank provided by the Colville Tribal Fish and Wildlife Department. It will be set up at the Colville Tribal Museum in Coulee Dam.
• The museum itself will also offer a fun activity.
• Sunbanks Lake Resort will offer their mini-golf course overlooking the lake.
• Coulee Playland will offer its popular peddle boat rides to kids for free.
• Coulee Cruizers Car Club will hold its annual car show at North Dam, and will include a coloring contest.
• The Lions Club will offer a barbecue lunch as a fund-raiser at North Dam Park.
• The Grand Coulee Dam, aside from their exhibits at the Visitor Center, is promoting a geocache educational treasure hunt of sorts.
• Kids can climb into a fire truck at North Dam Park.
Watch The Star next week for more details on how to participate.