Look for the community’s largest yard sale of the year on June 14 and 15.
It’s not a couple of families going together, nor a street of residents putting on the event.
It’s going to happen at A.E. Wright Elementary School in Coulee Dam and will feature hundreds of items declared surplus by the school board last Monday night.
Just to give you some sense of value, how is this for starters?
- Two adjustable hospital beds, $20 each.
- Six teacher desks, metal, three-drawer, $25 each.
- Numerous counters with sinks, $5 a foot.
- Rolling storage cabinets, $35 each.
- Office counter, with storage, woodgrain, $35 per section.
- 30-gallon trash cans, $5 each.
- Urinals, with valves, $15 each.
- Lavatory sinks, $7.50 each.
The district is taking advantage of the last opportunity to declare as surplus and sell hundreds of items stored at the school before A.E. Wright Elementary School is demolished as part of the K-12 building project scheduled to begin this summer.
There are basketball hoops, tetherball poles, and even two 24-foot by 36-foot portable classrooms; just make an offer and be prepared to move them yourself.